Mount Isa Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Mount Isa Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing mountisa.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Mount Isa for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Mount Isa?
Mount Isa Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Mount Isa, Queensland
Mount Isa is a mining city located in Outback Queensland. The city is known for its mineral resources, wildlife, and scenic beauty. However, Mount Isa is not only about mining, but it also has an extensive collection of galleries, museums, and historical venues that showcases the rich history and culture of the area. In this article, we will highlight some of the popular galleries, museums and historical venues that are worth a visit.
1. Outback at Isa Gallery - Outback at Isa Gallery is the most popular art gallery in Mount Isa, Queensland. It features an impressive collection of contemporary art pieces, including paintings, sculptures, and photography. The gallery is located in the Outback at Isa Visitor Centre.
2. Gallery 29 - Gallery 29 is another art gallery in Mount Isa. It features a wide variety of exhibitions, including works by local artists as well as national artists.
1. Riversleigh Fossil Centre - Riversleigh Fossil Centre is a museum that showcases the fossil remains of ancient marsupials, birds, and reptiles that are over 25 million years old. The fossils are uncovered from Riversleigh World Heritage Area, which is located north of Mount Isa.
2. Mount Isa School of the Air Museum - Mount Isa School of the Air Museum is a unique museum that provides an insight into the world of distance learning. The museum features a range of exhibits that showcase the history, technology, and lessons of the School of the Air.
3. Hard Times Mine - Hard Times Mine is a historic museum that showcases the hardworking and challenging life of the underground miners. The museum is located underground and provides a real-life experience of the working conditions, tools, and processes that were used by the miners.
1. Royal Flying Doctor Service Visitor Centre - The Royal Flying Doctor Service Visitor Centre provides a glimpse into how the organisation helped people living in remote and rural areas of Australia. The centre features interactive exhibits that showcase the history, technology, and medical services provided by the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
2. Mount Isa Mines Rotary Rodeo - The Mount Isa Mines Rotary Rodeo is a yearly rodeo event that celebrates the iconic Australian sport of bull riding. The event attracts thousands of visitors every year and is a must-see experience for anyone visiting the city.
3. Mount Isa Underground Hospital and Museum - Mount Isa Underground Hospital and Museum is a historical venue that dates back to World War II. The venue was built to provide medical care to the miners and their families during air raids. The underground hospital is now a museum that showcases the war-time history, medical equipment, and activities.
Mount Isa is home to an array of galleries, museums, and historical venues that are worth exploring. These showcases provide an insight into the rich culture and history of the area, and give a glimpse into the lives of the people who have called this region home. From contemporary art galleries to historical museums and unique historical venues, there is something for everyone in Mount Isa. So, if you are planning to visit the area, make sure to visit these galleries, museums, and historical venues to fully experience the unique culture and history of Mount Isa, Queensland.
Mount Isa Galleries and Museums Articles